Posted to uk.d-i-y
Skipweasel[_4_] Skipweasel[_4_] is offline

Default Ping: Dave Liquorice or Dave Plowman

In article ,
says...
Someone suggested a possible solution would be to take a ringtone (I'm using
the 'digital phone' at the moment but also have a recording of a BT type 706
phone ringing, which I like) and re-record it at a higher volume. I don't
know how the phone itself would handle this but my actual question is, is it
possible to take one recording and re-record it louder, and if so, what
software would I need to do this?

Assuming your phone uses mp3 ringtones (some do, but I'm not up on fancy
modern phones) then there are plenty of freeware mp3 volume adjusters.

This...
http://www.snapfiles.com/get/mp3gain.html
can be persuaded to make a single file louder.