Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Ping: Dave Liquorice or Dave Plowman

Manticore wrote:
"Thomas Prufer" wrote in message
On Fri, 25 Mar 2011 11:14:19 -0000, "Manticore" wrote:

I don't
know how the phone itself would handle this but my actual question is, is
it
possible to take one recording and re-record it louder, and if so, what
software would I need to do this?

If using windows, the low-budget way: "sndrec32.exe". There's a "increase
volume
by 25%" thing in one of the menus, and it can be applied repeatedly.

No gurantees or representations as to quality etc., mind.

Cheers Thomas, thanks for that - seems like a very easy way to do what I
want. I'll have to see about quality but in this case, quantity wins over
quality anyway :-)

If it's the same recording I got off the web, it's already at full
scale, anyway, so you'll not be able to get it louder.

If it's an MP3 recording, then Audacity will do it natively. There is
also a tag for gain in the mp3 metadata, which can be altered. This may
increase the volume if the Android playback mechanism can support it.

Other than that, it's a common problem I've found with new phones.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.