Posted to uk.d-i-y
Manticore Manticore is offline

Default Ping: Dave Liquorice or Dave Plowman

I have a problem with my Android phone. It's an Orange San Francisco and in
many respects it's a brilliant bit of kit. It costs less than a hundred
quid, is highly customizable and does loads of things. Unfortunately for me,
the problem I have is fundamental to its basic existance as a phone - the
ringer volume is not loud enough!! :-(

It's great in a quiet room but on the street or in a busy pub there's no
chance of hearing it. A lot of people on the Modaco forums are complaining
about it and it seems that the guys on there have partially solved the
problem in a new ROM, but for reasons too lengthy to mention here I don't
want to change ROMs.

Someone suggested a possible solution would be to take a ringtone (I'm using
the 'digital phone' at the moment but also have a recording of a BT type 706
phone ringing, which I like) and re-record it at a higher volume. I don't
know how the phone itself would handle this but my actual question is, is it
possible to take one recording and re-record it louder, and if so, what
software would I need to do this?

Cheers chaps