Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default Check out this guy's homemade table saw!

On 3/24/11 8:32 AM, k-nuttle wrote:
Yeah, whatever.
Bottom line, you seem to think the operation of the saw in that video is
perfectly safe.

That is one of the fallacies of people today. They think by adding
gimmicks to what ever they are using makes them safe.

A saw can have every safety gimmick in the world but, if the operator is
listening to his Ipod through his earphones, talking to his partner,
while watching the girl across the yard, nothing will protect him from
an accident.

The best safety device is your ability to think, be creative and
concentrating on the saw you are operating.

Another fallacy is that you don't need all those fancy safety devices if
you just pay attention and work safely.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)