Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default EMY Conduit bending update

"Tom Gardner" w@w wrote in message
Here's a link to the part I need to make.
http://www.princecastle.com/products...ar_brushes.asp

Ok, some comments.

1. Since I work with EMT fairly often I think that its too soft for that
application. It's a scrub brush. I don't know about other people, but I
put some muscle into a scrub brush. Your milage will vary.

2. The bend at the brush is easy and could almost be done over your knee
with 1/2 EMT.

3. The bend at the handle end might have a radius a little small for a
regular old throw it on the floor and put your foot on it manual bender. A
bench top compact bender could handle it just fine.

5. Not sure about the little plastic caps. For a one off for myself I
might turn them out of HDPE round stock, because it would last forever. For
cheap production, not sure.

6. The bends in the pictured handle appear to be drawn and bent. Not
just bent like with a manual bender.