Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rich Grise[_3_] Rich Grise[_3_] is offline

Default EMY Conduit bending update

Tom Gardner wrote:
"John" wrote in message
Tom Gardner wrote:
Here's a link to the part I need to make.
http://www.princecastle.com/products...ar_brushes.asp

The first qty. point is 4k/mo., after that, more automation is
justified. But, I have to make this for$0.5 to start. And, the
powers to be said they'd give me a whole week! Oh BOY!

Thanks for all the ideas, I'll post what we finally do short and
long
term.

The price of the emt comes to more than five cents a piece.
A 10 ft piece is going to run over a dollar.

I figured Fifty Cents, not five cents, sorry I wasn't clear.

I thought at first it was a nickel as well, but $0.5 is, in fact,
fifty cents. (the confusion was not writing it as .50.) But at 4K/mo,
you should be able to get a pretty good price on bulk EMT - just
don't order it from McMaster-Carr! ;-)

Cheers!
Rich