Posted to alt.home.repair
Cheryl[_2_] Cheryl[_2_] is offline

Default Deterring wood peckers

On 3/22/2011 6:55 PM, bpuharic wrote:
had that problem on my t111 siding. yeah they can **** things up.
chased 'em away a few times and that seemed to work

I think they mostly come once I've left for work. I heard one over the
weekend and it was LOUD. I might not know if the bird flash or the owl
decoy works until this weekend. I did a little more searching and found
that a hawk decoy is more effective since they hunt during the day and
the birds would know their shape better than an owl, who hunts at night.

One site is even selling balloons with the bird flash ribbon
combination. What a killing they are probably making!

I haven't seen yet on the siding or the roof where it is pecking, but I
have a good idea base on the sound I heard. I will look more for damage
this weekend.