Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Mark Zacharias[_3_] Mark Zacharias[_3_] is offline

Default Running a PC outside of a computer case

"Baron" wrote in message
Meat Plow Inscribed thus:

On Mon, 21 Mar 2011 21:59:29 +0000, Baron wrote:

D Inscribed thus:

I notice that no one in this whole thread has mentioned taking
suitable precautions against causing damage from static discharge !

And in your opinion, this indicates what?

Ignorance ! An awful lot of the new build failures that I see are from
people who have no understanding of how easy it is to cause damage to
components simply from not being aware that damage can occur during
handling.

It seems that all made the assumption that the OP is aware of this. The
original question suggests that the OP isn't !

--
Best Regards:
Baron.

I don't think static is a common failure mode of bipolar devices. And no,
I'm not saying it never happens, anything is possible. Just not common,
that's all.

Mark Z.