Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default BACKHOE PICTURES AS PROMISED. I REALLY DO THANK YOU GUYS

justme wrote:

So, there is no bout a dought it at this point, it is the steering
valve?

It's something like 99% probability. Bad seals in the steering cylinder
could let the steering valve freewheel, but you shouldn't ever have the
steering wheel hard to turn until the wheels move to their limit if it's
a load-reaction type of steering valve, and not even then if it's a non
load-reaction type.

I will have to get a rebuild kit as I am retired and have
never seen ~ $500 bux for a new valve, in a long time.

I would expect a rebuild kit to be under $50. I believe the one for my
Deere 500C was.

This is going to be a job but so long as I have you guys as mentors, I
will go ahead.

It's a bit tedious, but as long as you are organized it's not that bad.

Can I dig a ditch for you in return?

No ditches needed at the moment. I did dig a few back when I had the big
old 500C, but I sold that when I moved. I now have a nice little Kubota
B7100DT but no backhoe attachment yet, perhaps I'll build one
eventually.