Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_6_] Leon[_6_] is offline

Default OT. Free Shipping Lee Valley

"DGDevin" wrote in message
m...

"Leon" wrote in message

So the customer disputes the charge and his credit card company will
side with him unless the merchant can convince them the customer pulled
a fast one. Not only does the customer get his money back, the merchant
pays a service fee for the disputed charge if they can't show they're in
the right.

That is not an absolute, the merchant has equal chance of winning the
dispute. Been there, done that, both winning and loosing a dispute.

In my experience the merchant needs backup (like UPS tracking) while the
customer usually gets by on his say-so. I've had bank employees tell me
they believe my story, they just can't accept it without evidence.

It is not unusual for a company to have a good solid reason for contesting a
charge protest or claim. Never ever have I had a situation where my word
over the telephone was enough. I have always had to additionally fill out a
claim form with all details and wait for an investigation for a "permanent"
credit. Typically I get an immediate and conditional reversal of charges
however that is not an absolute guarantee of a permanent reversal.