Posted to rec.woodworking

Default OT. Free Shipping Lee Valley

On Mon, 21 Mar 2011 13:35:25 -0500, Steve Turner
wrote:

On 03/21/2011 06:24 AM, Leon wrote:
wrote in message

wrote in message
I am going to start off with the fact that I like Lee Valley. I do
however agree that 2 weeks turn around is not good service especially
when the service to begin with, receiving a dinged tool, is a wash even
if you get the replacement next day. Good service is making sure your
customer does not have to call you back about a damaged part.

Honestly, that's sounds a little screwy, especially for Lee Valley. A
Starrett carbide scriber I bought almost a year ago from them, broke about
1/8" of the tip off. Contacting LV, they immediately sent me a replacement
with instructions to send the defective one back in the same box with
included postage paid return label attached.

I'd suspect that the delay might well be attributed to our vaunted postal
delivery system. Compared to what you guys have in the US with really fast
delivery times, our Canadian system is mired some place back many decades.
Yes, the order was regular delivery schedule, but the cost for overnight
or rush type delivery is exorbitant under the Canadian postal service. One
thing people can do with shipped orders from Lee Valley is get the
tracking number from their online account info page and then track it
through the post office.

I think our postal system is faster because it has less to deliver and the
same amount of people. Cheaper for over night because they are trained to
loose money.
On line tracking? LOL. That gets updated for the first time about 1 day
after you receive the package.

I thought Lee Valley used FedEx and not the postal service of either of our illustrious
gubmints?

Half of the FedEx stuff is delivered by the USPS, here.