Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
justme[_2_] justme[_2_] is offline

Default BACKHOE PICTURES AS PROMISED. I REALLY DO THANK YOU GUYS

Latest information on this IH 3400A backhoe. Today, the steering
wheel will turn with great effort. The tires will turn somewhat,
bearing in mind that I have the front tires jacked up off of the
ground.

It feels like that there are 'notches' that the s. wheel goes thru
while turning. I am afraid that I sound like many women when they try
to describe a noise to a mechanic. To salvage my prowess, I have
built and repaired many engines in my long time here on earth but I am
a neophyte on hydraulics. I need Pascal to tutor me.

Pete, you seem very confident that the steering valve needs to be
rebuilt/replaced. I am afraid replacement is out of the question due
to all the banks around here recognize me so, I can't 'withdraw'
money.

Pete, can you tell me any other tests to perform before I let all of
the springs and ball bearings out of the S. valve?

Anyone, everyone?

Thank you immensely.

Joe

http://s140.photobucket.com/albums/r...%20%20BACKHOE/

I think that the captions are self-explanatory, if not, please let me
know.