Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
John John is offline

Default Made a Turner's cube

Ignoramus28184 wrote:
On 2011-03-20, wrote:

I had the Dillon vibratory polisher.
I bought it to deburr aluminum workpieces.
It was *way too* gentle for that. It took hours to make very little
visible progress. Prolly just fine for putting the final polish
on brass, though.

Next time, I will go with a real tumbler.
Prolly get an old wood lathe and modify to suit:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krGB_g7Dxlo

That was called a poor man's deburring tumbler, but this poor man has
a huge Logan lathe! Very clever, though.

I have been using a plastic pail as a tumbler for years. I have a big
enough lathe that I can chuck the pail and use the tailstock to hold the
lid in place. A couple of 2x2 slats on the inside of the pail held in
by some sheetrock screws makes the tumbler complete. I use it mainly for
stamped parts that need deburring.

John