Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Anyone Have an Atlas Shaper using Atlas 3 PH Power?

On Mar 21, 10:47*am, FBsFinest wrote:
Looks like eBay will be my best source for the motor. I'm a bit
surprised that no one has responded that owns a 3 PH powered shaper.
Either these users are rare or I'm not reaching them. I'm guessing the
manual starter is the harder piece to find so I'm glad I have
something close (maybe exact). 1 PH Atlas motors show up on eBay quite
often so a 3 PH listing should show up - staying optimistic. For now I
have a brand new in the box Baldor that will get me going. The shaper
needs a good cleaning so that will take some time. Maybe by then an
Atlas motor will show up. Thanks for the replies. Gary R.

My guess as to why you are not seeing a lot of three phase equiped
Atlas machines is because the target market was the home shop/school
sector.

I have seen several Atlas shapers/mills on industrial auctions that
had been converted to three phase..likely because it was the cheap and
handy solution in the factory environment.

TMT