Posted to rec.woodworking
Upscale Upscale is offline

Default OT. Free Shipping Lee Valley

"Leon" wrote in message
I am going to start off with the fact that I like Lee Valley. I do
however agree that 2 weeks turn around is not good service especially when
the service to begin with, receiving a dinged tool, is a wash even if you
get the replacement next day. Good service is making sure your customer
does not have to call you back about a damaged part.

Honestly, that's sounds a little screwy, especially for Lee Valley. A
Starrett carbide scriber I bought almost a year ago from them, broke about
1/8" of the tip off. Contacting LV, they immediately sent me a replacement
with instructions to send the defective one back in the same box with
included postage paid return label attached.

I'd suspect that the delay might well be attributed to our vaunted postal
delivery system. Compared to what you guys have in the US with really fast
delivery times, our Canadian system is mired some place back many decades.
Yes, the order was regular delivery schedule, but the cost for overnight or
rush type delivery is exorbitant under the Canadian postal service. One
thing people can do with shipped orders from Lee Valley is get the tracking
number from their online account info page and then track it through the
post office.