Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus28184 Ignoramus28184 is offline

Default Made a Turner's cube

On 2011-03-20, Wes wrote:
Ignoramus28184 wrote:

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...eat=directlink

I'm going to guess w/o reading the rest of the thread first, you did it on your mill?

You are having way too much fun

Yes, on the mill. I have a bunch of relatives visiting right now, they
all decided that they want a cube like this.

Sounds like you have a bunch of blocks to square. Do you have a relative or two you can
trust to help out?

I swuare them right with the turner's cube program, it has an optional
one liner to square the top.

That was time consuming just to model one in Alibre.
http://www.garage-machinist.com/usen...urnerscube.pdf (3d pdf)

Very nice. It took me about an hour to write a G code routine to do
that same.

The G code subroutine, takes all parameters, like size of the cube,
end mill diameter, shrinkage coefficients etc and works one side of
the cube.

I've finally found a good use for some cerrocast I have if I ever get the jones to make
one. http://www.hitechalloys.com/hitechalloys_002.htm

This looks very interesting indeed.

Want to sell some to me?