Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Anyone Have an Atlas Shaper using Atlas 3 PH Power?

On 2011-03-20, FBsFinest wrote:
DoN,

I've been using 3 PH for many years. This is one of those 'I want to
be different ideas'. Most people don't want to deal with 3 PH so I
thought it might be easier to acquire these pieces because users might
want to get rid of them. I have a manual starter that I think is the
one used by Atlas-its a Cutler-Hammer piece. The motor is pretty
straight forward since Atlas put their name on it. I would like to
acquire one of these. This is part of my metalworking enjoyment.

O.K. So it is now clear that you really want the plain and
simple three phase with starter.

This is really the litte 7" shaper? You won't need that big a
motor for that. Not even a need for reversing, unless you want jogging,
which is easy enough to do by hand on a 7".

Sorry that I don't have the pieces you need. Not sure that
there were ever very many of those systems made with three phase.

Good Luck,
DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564