Posted to rec.woodworking
DGDevin DGDevin is offline

Default OT. Free Shipping Lee Valley

wrote in message ...

It's inexcusable to leave money on the table a second longer than
necessary,
IMO. The most successful mail-order businesses ship the same day. I got
an
order from McMaster-Carr within 48 hours (8:00PM Monday to Wednesday's
mail)
of placing the online order. Same for New-Egg and Amazon (my drill press
took
six days (Tuesday to Monday - the trucker called Friday afternoon to
arrange
delivery, Monday).

Funny you should mention Newegg, I'd never order from them again. I bought
a video card from them that was DOA, and when I called to get a return
authorization number they not only wanted me to pay return shipping but the
woman in "customer service" gave me a lecture on how they don't actually
have to take anything back, they could tell me to return it to the mfg. (the
mfg. had already told me to send it back to Newegg). So I asked to talk to
a supervisor and asked him if he wanted me to reverse the charge on my
credit card and wait for them to send a UPS call tag or was he going to
cover the return shipping without me doing a chargeback--he chose option
two. I wasn't asking for a refund in advance, just for them to pay the
shipping on a defective item. I can understand charging return shipping if
someone just changes their mind, but on a defective product? That was the
last time I ordered from them.