Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Made a Turner's cube

On Sun, 20 Mar 2011 12:30:53 -0700, Winston
wrote:

I had the Dillon vibratory polisher.
I bought it to deburr aluminum workpieces.
It was *way too* gentle for that. It took hours to make very little
visible progress. Prolly just fine for putting the final polish
on brass, though.

Next time, I will go with a real tumbler.

I don't do tumbling, but everything I've read says that vibratory
tumblers work more quickly than rotaries.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LE-aHXBDO30&NR=1
This big guy seems to work more quicky.

Prolly get an old wood lathe and modify to suit:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krGB_g7Dxlo

Um, that's not a wood lathe and I'll bet he goes through 5gal buckets
several times before he has to change media in that thing.

Can't beat the price. I got my old wood lathe and two 1/3hp motors
for $20 at a tailgate sale in Sandy Eggo.

--
"I probably became a libertarian through exposure to tough-minded
professors" James Buchanan, Armen Alchian, Milton Friedman "who