Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Push button for garage door opener

On Sun, 20 Mar 2011 07:37:41 -0700 (PDT), Harry K
wrote:

On Mar 20, 6:29Â*am, gcotterl wrote:
No, Steve, I did not buy a lighted doorbell button.

My garage has two doors: a 16-foot wide sectional door (operated by
the garage-door opener) and a 32-inch wide back-door.

I'd like to put a push button beside each door so do I buy two
"momentary" push buttons?

Do "momentary" push-buttons have a different name? Â*(The Lowes/Home
Depot people don't know what I'm talking about).

Go down and ask for a doorbell button - that is what you need. AFAIK
all of them are momentary.

As for two buttons, no problem as long as you wire them both from the
opener itself. It would get complicated if you tried to wire them in
on the same run of wire.

Harry K

Actually, VERY simple on the same run of wire - just skin the wire and
put it under the screws for the first one, and carry on to the last
one. Switches need to be IN PARALLEL to each other.