Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Push button for garage door opener

Ed Pawlowski wrote:

"gcotterl" wrote
I have bought a new push button and attached the wires correctly.

Now, when I push the button, the garage door goes up. But, when I
push the button again. the door doesn't go down unless I disconnect
and reconnect the wires.

Apparently, I bought the wrong type of push button. What kind of push
button do I need to buy?

I don't know what the new doors may be using, but my older opener just
used
a simple doorbell button. About $1.

My older door opener did not have any safety interlocks like the new ones
do. Does it go down OK with the remote?

I used to have an older opener here, with a simple doorbell button.

The opener was replaced with one with a fancy control (lighted button,
seperate button for light only, switch to disable opener when closed). The
old button is still connected (in parallel) and still works.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us

"God has no place within these walls (school), just like facts have no
place in organized religion!" -- Superintendent Chalmers