Posted to alt.home.repair
TWayne TWayne is offline

Default Push button for garage door opener

In ,
gcotterl typed:
I have a push button mounted on the stud next to the
garage door. The electrical wires are correctly
connected to the push button and to the garage-door
opener because, when I push the button, the garage door
opens and closes.

The push button has suffered a dent so it needs to be
replaced.

I have bought a new push button and attached the wires
correctly.

Now, when I push the button, the garage door goes up.
But, when I push the button again. the door doesn't go
down unless I disconnect and reconnect the wires.

Apparently, I bought the wrong type of push button. What
kind of push button do I need to buy?

I you "bought a new push button and attached the wires correctly." then it
has to be the wrong or a defective pushbutton, right?

Since you gave no other information, I responded to the only information you
did give.

HTH,

Twayne`