Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Japan Robotics Problem

Sunworshipper SW@gwntundra wrote:
On Fri, 18 Mar 2011 23:25:26 -0500, Jon Elson
wrote:

Sunworshipper wrote:

How hard and fast could an excavator be hooked up for remote control
with a fire hose in Japan? 10 hours? I'd put redundant cameras on the
arm.

They probably have these, we do, too. They are used in steel mills for
cleanup work near the furnaces. They usually have short-range radio
controls, but that could probably be fixed in short order.

Jon

Looks like they better also start wiring up Schwing concrete pumping
trucks. Just keep pumping till the trucks choke on concrete and they
will have a number of concrete pyramids with booms hung over them.

I'd hard wire them, no need to back up.

I still say to build these things in a 200 foot hole, that way when
they are toast they can just fill it in.

Ha!