Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Anyone Have an Atlas Shaper using Atlas 3 PH Power?

On 2011-03-19, FBsFinest wrote:
I'd like to converse with anyone with an Atlas shaper powered by Atlas
3 PH motor and starter. I'm going to run my shaper with 3 PH. Also
interested in buying 3 PH pieces-starter is no. S7-300, starter
bracket (don't know part number) and 1/2 HP motor is no. 2620. I would
like to get some pictures of the bracket for the starter and how it is
mounted on the machine. Thanks. Gary R.

How big a shaper is this which you want three phase to power?

The only Atlas one which I know of is the 7" one, which is
normally single phase 120 VAC for the motor. And that is quite similar
to my Rockwell/Delta/AMMCO one, and not that different from the South
Bend one. (IIRC, the South Bend is the one which has its own built in
oil pump instead of needing a trip round all the GITS oil cups before
running. :-)

Do you already have three-phase for your shop? If not, you can
run it from a VFD and not need a starter. And the starter could be
mounted anywhere within reach anyway. No real need to mount it on the
machine.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564