Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Off Topic, But Important... Firefox users read please

Wes wrote:

Rich Grise ? wrote:

?"They" get to your computer through your internet connection, by using
?telnet or remote shell. I actually had a password sniffed and a computer
?hijacked to be a spambot - I didn't discover it until somebody called
?me and asked, "Why is your computer pinging me?"

How did they locate you? I have a fixed ip on the public internet and I can't find my
location info since my ISP doesn't list the location of customers by IP address.

Wes

http://www.dnsstuff.com is one place to do an IP lookup. As for the
rest of his story?

BTW, someone tried to hack my Facebook page the other day. I had to
jump through a bunch of hoops and reset the password.

--
You can't fix stupid. You can't even put a Band-Aid™ on it, because it's
Teflon coated.