Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
cavelamb cavelamb is offline

Default Off Topic, But Important... Firefox users read please

Michael A. Terrell wrote:
Joe AutoDrill wrote:
First, follow these steps:

1. Reformat drive
2. Install Linux.

Cheers!
Rich

Rich,

When I can seamlessly run Quickbooks, AutoCAD, Outlook, Outlook Express, an
internet browser compatible with Facebook, Twitter and UPS and not have to
spend a lot of time learning the new set-up and receive the same level of
support from the companies I buy the software and hardware from, then Linux
will make sense for my computer.

Until then, I've got business to take care of.

I agree. Try running automated test equipment under Linux, or on a
MAC that requires you to use a custom interface card and software that
would lose it's certification if it was ported to another OS..

Well, you can't run it (ATE) under Windows with any constrained timing!

--

Richard Lamb
email me: