Posted to uk.d-i-y
MuddyMike MuddyMike is offline

Default Noisy Ceiling Cord Pull Switches

"Skipweasel" wrote in message
In article ,
says...
We have an LED nightlight in the bathroom so one can see to do one's
business without putting a light on.

What you need is a motion sensor...

Comes on as you pass it?

We have three lights on pull cords one is very noisy the other two almost
silent so it certainly varies between brands.

One hotel I use regularly has motion sensors for the bathroom lights and
they are a PITA! Firstly the lights are VERY BRIGHT and come on unexpectedly
during the night, I always remember to close the bathroom door now. Secondly
if sat and not moving for a few mins they go off and the sensor is by the
door not the pan so you have to wave frantically to get them to come back on
again, what mental picture does that drum up :-)

Mike