Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Fuk-u-shima

On Wed, 16 Mar 2011 07:51:46 -0600, "Pete C."
wrote:

Ignoramus19837 wrote:

The other bad news is that the prevailing winds are towards the United
States, going straight to Larry Jacques' backyard. Hopefully, most
stuff will settle down in the ocean.

(Note to Ig: There is no "c" in Jaques.)

If this bad scenario materializes, against my hope, then the solutions
will be dirty. One would be to drop large bombs on those buildings, in
order to spread the nuclear waste from the boiling white hot lakes,
over a large area. That would help with its cooling. Pellets spread
over several acres would cool down somewhat. Then, concrete could be
air dropped over the wide area just to encase everything. Concreting
the reactor buildings, pretty much, is impossible due to lack of
access to the inside, and due to the active lakes of spent fuel.

Sounds like the anti-nuke crowd is to blame since they have been
fighting against both a proper safe long term storage facility, as well
as reprocessing of the "spent" fuel.

That's it. We're 3 generations behind in safety because of the
greenies. It's their fault. Reprocessing would have eliminated about
95% of the waste stream.

--
Small opportunities are often the beginning of great enterprises.
-- Demosthenes