Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Japans Nuclear problem in simple language.

"John" wrote in message
Ed Huntress wrote:
wrote in message
Ed Huntress wrote:
"Sunworshipper"SW@GWNTUNDRA wrote in message
On Tue, 15 Mar 2011 00:15:50 -0400,
wrote:

This project is sitting about 20 miles south of me in Manahoy City,
PA.
The project has been stopped in its tracks when the government
pulled
the committed funds from the project. This area is sitting on the
largest antricite hard coal deposit in the world. If these projects
would get set up the oil industry would have some competition and
that
sure would be a problem for them.

I know that area. Was extensively mined and towns with eery lack of
people. It was like yesterday that I remember being chauffeured past
miles of strip mining and my major tree hugging girl friend was
bitching about how they just raped the land and left. She recently
****ed me off so I jokingly took the devils advocate side and she flew
off into a fit until she was so hot that I just let it go. Her other
button was just as hot ! They could have at least contoured the land
so it wouldn't look like a mine. We went to a ghost town that use to
be a mining town where the mine owned the land and stores.

SW

Did you see the town of Centralia? I used to play Little League ball
against
their team, when I lived in Bloomsburg. Nice town. Now is has, I think,
5
residents. The seam under it has been burning since 1962. Heating a
house
there must be cheap.

There is some people that say the government wanted to displace the
whole
population of Centralia and buy up the area so it can get at the coal
under the town.

Yeah, there was talk about that as far back as the '60s. I think people
are
just paranoid. The government probably wants to get them out of there so
they can just fence it all off and not have to patrol the area or worry
about people needing to be rescued.

I think there was a concerted effort to get the last residents out of
their homes. Heating a house with coal is cheap anywhere in this area
especially in Centralia.

John

I used to live between Bloomsburg and Espy, and I attended Central
Columbia
County Joint High School. Are you near there?

I am a little north of Hazleton PA. in Sybertsville. between Hazleton and
Berwick. This is a real old farming area but is now being developed and
houses going up everywhere for people moving out of Hazleton and other old
run down towns. Bloomsburg is a nice town very clean and well maintained
houses. The college is part of the reason it is. The fairgrounds got
flooded again this last week, it seems like an annual occurrence.

John

Jeez, it's been getting flooded for decades. Maybe that's why it's so green
in time for the Bloomsburg Fair. d8-)

Yeah, I know where Sybertsville is. I attended middle school at
Mifflinville.

The college has expanded so much, and the town with it, that I hardly
recognize it anymore. But it's always been a very nice town. Curiously, it's
the only incorporated town in Pennsylvania.

When I lived there, I could, and often did, get up before school, grab my
shotgun, walk less than 200 yards, and hunt rabbits, quail, ducks, and
geese. I doubt if you can do that where I lived anymore.

--
Ed Huntress