Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default any opinon on empire carpet?

Larry Weil wrote:
In article ,
"HeyBub" wrote:

bpuharic wrote:
just got a quote for $3300 installed of 35 oz carpet with 6 pound
padding...4 rooms.

any opinons?

Carpet is so last century. Go for install-it-yourself laminate. It's
cheaper, cleaner, wears longer, doesn't stain, doesn't accumulate
debris and odors, and looks better to most people.

But carpet is better acoustically. If you have a room that is too
³live² carpeting is the best way to quiet it down.

Right. You can carpet the walls.

Don't laugh, we did that to a computer room in a new building. Made the room
almost bearable so we could swap stories about the carpet installers
observations as they tried to install the stuff vertically.

And before you ask, it was a lovely, pale-blue, shag.

As to your original proposition, you can "tune" the room with throw rugs.