Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Using door and window molding as floor base molding

"Mikepier" wrote in message
Just curious has anyone used standard door and window molding for the
floor? I know at HD and Lowes they have them labeled as such in the
aisles, but I have used moulding meant for the doors and windows for
the floor because they are easier to work with.

I know a guy that knows a guy that did the same thing. Seems that when the
Mattress Tag Police came to do an inspection, they noticed the improper use
of molding in his house. They reported him to the authorities. He ended up
with a $5000 fine and 200 hours of community service and had to put floor
molding in to avoid jail time.

None of my business what you do in the privacy of your home, but I'd advise
never posting it publicly.