Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus1540 Ignoramus1540 is offline

Default Servo drive spec for EMC2 use

On 2011-03-15, DoN. Nichols wrote:
On 2011-03-14, JB wrote:
Having now tested my servos on the Shizuoka and found all working, I now
need to spec some servo drives. If I understand correctly, EMC can output
from the PC, (via a D/A card?), the necessary +/_10V analogue control
signals for the servo drive.
Would then these be suitable assuming that the rating is suited for my motor
volts/current?
http://www.mclennan.co.uk/datasheets...wamplifier.pdf

Looks pretty good -- as long as 60 VDC is sufficient to get the
full motor RPM. (Or as long as you can live with the lower RPM for the
lower voltage.) Mine want 100 V maximum FWIW -- and current available
will determine acceleration.

I do not personally need a very high speed for rapid movements. 60 IPM
is plenty perfect for me. My mill (140v servos) was originally capable
of 200 IPM rapids, but I keep it at 60 IPM. I feel safer and more in
control. 200 IPM rapids would probably save me an hour of machining
time over my lifetime, and would surely cost me some ruined tools,
vises, and possibly worse.