Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Servo drive spec for EMC2 use

On 2011-03-14, JB wrote:
Having now tested my servos on the Shizuoka and found all working, I now
need to spec some servo drives. If I understand correctly, EMC can output
from the PC, (via a D/A card?), the necessary +/_10V analogue control
signals for the servo drive.
Would then these be suitable assuming that the rating is suited for my motor
volts/current?
http://www.mclennan.co.uk/datasheets...wamplifier.pdf

Looks pretty good -- as long as 60 VDC is sufficient to get the
full motor RPM. (Or as long as you can live with the lower RPM for the
lower voltage.) Mine want 100 V maximum FWIW -- and current available
will determine acceleration.

Good Luck,
DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564