Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] dav1936531@is.invalid is offline

Default Fukushima #3 Using Plutonium Fuel?

On Mon, 14 Mar 2011 15:15:14 -0500, CaveLamb

That would indicate a reactor vessel breach and a resultant steam
explosion as the seawater they have pumped into the containment vessel
around the reactor superheated. I do not believe the Japanese
government's story of a hydrogen explosion. They would have been able
to vent much of the hydrogen before such a massive explosion
occurred.....assuming they have at least some fundamental control over
any systems whatsoever at the facility.
Dave

Interesting assessment, Dave.
Ending with an implied question of do they have control of anything?

You can see the layout, including the cement containment cap in
question he

http://i1107.photobucket.com/albums/...orDesign_3.jpg

I suppose it's possible that the cap blew off without an actual breach
(meltdown) of the reactor vessel. It's possible the seawater inside
the containment vessel became superheated steam without a reactor
vessel breach, but I would think that would happen at a semi slow rate
and pressure could have been gradually vented by the control systems.
The fact that it violently blew indicates a reactor vessel breach to
me....but I could be wrong of course.
Dave