Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
JB[_6_] JB[_6_] is offline

Default Servo drive spec for EMC2 use

"Ignoramus1540" wrote in message
On 2011-03-14, JB wrote:
Having now tested my servos on the Shizuoka and found all working, I now
need to spec some servo drives. If I understand correctly, EMC can output
from the PC, (via a D/A card?), the necessary +/_10V analogue control
signals for the servo drive.
Would then these be suitable assuming that the rating is suited for my
motor
volts/current?
http://www.mclennan.co.uk/datasheets...wamplifier.pdf
I'll look into the encoders later this week.
Many thanks.
JB

PMD60 or DCD60 10/20 or 14/28 should work pretty well.

I have AMC 30A8 on all my five axes. They are similar to those
14/28. And they work great. Just a data point.

As it's the frim which will be buying these servo drives, I have to go to
VAT registered firm who can provide invoices, warranty etc. On the control
side, I may have to purchase directly from Pico in the US as I don't see any
European distributors for this kit.
What I'm trying to do is spec a system which others have already got working
ok with Linux/EMC2. I don't know Linux, so I really don't want hassle with
device drivers.
Nice to see the 3 main axes move under their own though :)
Cheers,
JB