Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default drill old gass

Karl Townsend wrote:
You don't understand the stakes here. I'm the one that will get the
heat treatment. Antique glass top canning jars are quite rare.

"... quite rare." In that case, don't drill at all. Make 2 capacitors
on the bottom of the jars by gluing aluminum foil on the inside &
outside. Connect the light(s) (LED's) between the capacitors on the
inside and drive the outside with a high frequency. I'll let you work
out the numbers.

Bob

Or, do like the chargers for electric toothbrushes & make core less
transformers with coils on the inside & outside of the jar. I like the
capacitors better.