Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Al Al is offline

Default keep solder from spreading

On 3/13/2011 5:48 PM, Cydrome Leader wrote:
What's a good way to keep solder from flowing or wetting copper or brass
parts being soldered- sort of like an anti-flux. I recall seeing something
posted here about it, but can't locate it.

I have used regular "white out" correction fluid for this lots of times.
works great. The water based stuff is makes less obnoxious fumes but
seems to be hard to find in the store sometimes. The solvent based stuff
works just as well, but I use with good ventilation so I don't inhale
the fumes when I heat it.