Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default keep solder from spreading

On Sun, 13 Mar 2011 18:44:37 -0700, Winston
wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:

(...)

ALL DUST, organic and inorganic, is deadly to human lung tissue.

Perhaps 'deadly' is too strong a word? I've cleaned up some
*extremely* dusty places without protection and suffered coughing,
wheezing and other entertaining sound effects and I'm still kicking.

No, it kills tissue every time, though it may not kill you. It also
irritates the lungs enough to screw up your immune responses and can
result in cancer. Mother Nature sez "Thou shalt not inhale
particulates, dumbass."

If I had it to do over, I would have donned a respirator but
I'm older and more cowardly now.

Lesson learned. Catastrophe luckily avoided.

Ditto here, even when I mow my lawn, spray, or blow. I survived brake
dust as a mechanic in me yout.

--
You create your opportunities by asking for them.
-- Patty Hansen