Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ron Lowe[_3_] Ron Lowe[_3_] is offline

Default Printer / scanner IP address problem

On 13/03/2011 21:28, Bob Eager wrote:

I have 6 or 7 spare LJ4+ machines...! Plus boxes of spares...

(the last two cost me £7 the pair on eBay, plus a 20 minute journey up
the road).

2* LJ4050N on the network here at Lowe Towers, both rescued from skip at
work. Cheap kit of rollers, and new toner carts ( also from work, where
they were now obsolete and destined for the bin ) and they are 100%.

Also 1* Dell 5100cn network colour laser with duplexer. Bit of a
monster, TBH. Just put in a set of after-market toners. We'll see
how that goes.

Brother bought some HP colour laser with duplexer recently, it was very
reasonably priced. Did IPv6 also, so extra kudos.

None of these do photo quality like be old Epson, but I will never go
back to inkjet. I'd rather out-source my photo prints.

--
Ron