Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim..[_3_] Tim..[_3_] is offline

Default Printer / scanner IP address problem

On 2011-03-13, Harry Bloomfield
wrote:
Huge presented the following explanation :
Buy a Laserjet 5 off eBay for £25 for day to day black and white,

They are very complex and not so easy to get parts for these days - can
I suggest the HP4000 is the better one to look for these days? Like the
LJ5, a reliable workhorse, but superficially less complex, cheap to buy
and parts still easily available.

Oh, OK. Good suggestion. My LJ5 is still bashing away, so I haven't
looked into replacing it.

Same here, with 2 * LJ4M+. But I have plenty of spares, and it isn't that
complex.

LJ 2300 is also recomended. I have 3 about the place, one with a duplex unit
that just stopped working for some annoying reason, and they just keep going
also.

When it dies, i'll just buy another!

Tim.