EMV

Default Solving Condensation Problems

Thanks for the reply.

The alcoves are indeed on an external wall.

Incidently we have just had a damp course company suggest that we
spend £6000 on having some sort of bubble wrap stuck on the external
wall and then rendered over. If repointing is all that would be
required I would hope we could get this done for a good deal less.

The reason we think that it is condensation is that the mould and
paint flaking are happening behind units (placed in the alcoves). It
also seems to rise up slightly in the corners.

Would you be able to explain how water would get it due to poor
pointing? Would we not expect the moitsure to appear frther up the
wall?

Thanks again

E.Varnell