Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default any opinon on empire carpet?

On Fri, 11 Mar 2011 22:21:36 -0800, Oren wrote:

On Fri, 11 Mar 2011 06:03:19 -0500, "Ed Pawlowski"
wrote:

"mm" wrote

(I don't know if any carptes have "grain" that would require more
carpeting if the grain is to match and less if it doesn't.

There is another term for it, but yes, there is a "grain" and it should all
run the same way. A good carpet guy will know the best layout and may piece
a hallway, for instance.

Couple terms come to mind: nap, pile and pattern distance.

Aha. I can inagine a real cheapo place saving a yard or two by
putting it down with these things not matching. And I can imagine
some, esp. young customers not figuring out what the problem is for
months or years.

Contract should say how many yards, and I guess specify that they nap,
pile and pattern match. Do conracts from good companies say that?