Posted to uk.d-i-y
Triffid Triffid is offline

Default How to fit electrical back box if there is no back?!?

jgharston wrote:
Steven Campbell wrote:
As I was drilling the remainder of the brick to hold the back box,
the brick fell into the cavity so I'm now left with a hole with no
place to secure the back box!!

You're lucky. My sister-in-law was chiselling out a hole for a back
box when the bricks fell out into the next-door room leaving a nice
brick-shaped hole through the wall.

My brother in law was chasing a cable run into his bathroom wall for an
electric shower when an entire breeze block fell through into the bedroom
next door. It fell onto the bed where a wrapped-up wedding present was lying
(an expensive Dartington Crystal fruit bowl). Smashed it to pieces!

Still - good job there was no-one in bed...

--
Triff.