Posted to uk.d-i-y
Nick Leverton Nick Leverton is offline

Default How to fit electrical back box if there is no back?!?

In article ,
jgharston wrote:
Steven Campbell wrote:
As I was drilling the remainder of the brick to hold the back box, the brick
fell into the cavity so I'm now left with a hole with no place to secure the
back box!!

You're lucky. My sister-in-law was chiselling out a hole for a back
box when the bricks fell out into the next-door room leaving a nice
brick-shaped hole through the wall.

All these herculeans are welcome to come round and dig us out some back
boxes, I've done two rooms of this brick so far and not looking forwards
to the rest !

Nick
--
Serendipity: http://www.leverton.org/blosxom (last update 29th March 2010)