Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steven Campbell Steven Campbell is offline

Default How to fit electrical back box if there is no back?!?

"Steven Campbell" spam@away wrote in message
o.uk...
I was installing a twin socket in a brick wall and had cut / chiselled out
the brick ready for the back box.
As I was drilling the remainder of the brick to hold the back box, the
brick fell into the cavity so I'm now left with a hole with no place to
secure the back box!!
http://i918.photobucket.com/albums/a...sa1/socket.jpg
Any suggestions?

Thanks

Guys as usual thanks very much for the varying suggestions
I'll just answer the lot here if that's ok..
Yes its an external wall. Which an extension has been built on to. However
the brick is only one skin thick here which I didn't know. It seems to have
been the old back door that they have bricked up. The other side is
plasterboard at 13 inches away so I think that might be just too much for
expanding foam.
A dry-lining box works by the lugs grabbing the plasterboard. Unfortunately
there would be nothing for them to grab.
I like the idea of just "grip filling" it in as the box is a tight fit
anyway.
Or the suggestion of a Piece of wood at the back with grip fill and screwing
on to that.

Thanks again for the numerous suggestions.