Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mark[_30_] Mark[_30_] is offline

Default Voltage spikes

On Tue, 8 Mar 2011 17:18:17 -0000, Skipweasel
wrote:

In article ,
says...
I don't measure the mains voltage but I do notice fluctuations. All
the lights dim noticably in the house for a short time. It happens
fairly frequently in the early evening. It does not appear to cause
any problems to computers etc.

Nor should it - SMPS should be very tolerant of such things - after all,
they're usually considerably over rated in PC applications and only have
to up the duty-cycle briefly.

I was using this more as an indication of how long the light dimmed
for ;-) I am more interested if there is a problem with the supply.
--
(\__/) M.