Posted to uk.d-i-y
Skipweasel[_4_] Skipweasel[_4_] is offline

Default How to open a Leabank Champion CH103TG safe

In article 34732f06-9fbc-4d09-88e1-
, says...
Hadn't thought about using chipboard to make our 'official' safe fire
resistant. What an excellent thought. This 'official' safe is a tin
box made by Yale that was bought by SWMBO as a means of keeping our
essentials in one place to guard against loss - loss meaning putting
somewhere safe and then forgetting where! Sometime in the next year
or two I'll fix it somewhere obscure and forget . . . . .

To be honest, that was the main reason I bought this one - we do already
have somewhere "safe" but a filing cabinet is a bit too bloody obvious -
filed under Passports and Bank Books etc!

The fireproofing idea came from trying to burn some old kitchen cabinets
on a very large fierce bonfire. We noticed that if you didn't actually
beat them around they just charred for sometimes up to twenty minutes
leaving whatever was on the cool side of them relatively unscathed.