Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mark[_30_] Mark[_30_] is offline

Default Voltage spikes

On Tue, 8 Mar 2011 10:27:33 +0000, Ian Jackson
wrote:

Before Christmas, the typical 'normal' voltage was 230V, occasionally
going up to 235. However, when the really cold weather started, after
around 5pm, the voltage would start to drop and, on several days,
regularly fell to 215V. The lowest (checked on a couple of digital
meters) was 214.4V.

I don't measure the mains voltage but I do notice fluctuations. All
the lights dim noticably in the house for a short time. It happens
fairly frequently in the early evening. It does not appear to cause
any problems to computers etc.

--
(\__/) M.