Posted to rec.woodworking
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default And The Creek Keeps Ris'n

In article , wrote:
On Mon, 07 Mar 2011 03:32:22 GMT,
(Doug Miller)
wrote:

In article ,

wrote:

$4.73 per US gallon in Central Ontario, Canada - about80 miles from
Buffalo.

It's your own fault -- I mean Canadians collectively, not you personally --
that gas is so much more expensive in Canada than in the U.S.

The difference is due *entirely* to taxes.

Which need to be paid to keep up the roads that connect 1/10 the
population of the USA over an area slightly larger than the size of
the USA.

1/9 the population, actually (34M vs. 313M), but who's counting? And although
you have a larger land area, we have a *lot* more road than you do (6.5M km vs
1M km).

Source:
https://www.cia.gov/library/publicat...k/geos/ca.html
https://www.cia.gov/library/publicat...k/geos/us.html

Anyway, how come you're not using high speed rail? I thought that was supposed
to be the salvation of the universe.