Posted to alt.home.repair
Andrew Barss Andrew Barss is offline

Default In 2012, will I be able to order round light bulbs from Canada or some other foreign country or will they be illegally manufactruing round light bulbs and selling them on the internet?

wrote:
: What about those small light bulbs that are a 1/4 of the size of
: regular light bulbs that are used for chandeliers

: Those will still be legal, as will those for fixtures where the bulb
: is exposed as part of the aesthetic look, requiring the bulb to be
: clear instead of soft white or something similar.

: Look for parts of the law to be repealed once the general public
: discovers that compact fluorescent light bulbs aren't technologically
: ready

Let's hope. I hate CFLs, after giving them a good solid try for a couple
of years. Can't stand them. (and for CFL likers, good for you, but I really
have tried near every brand and claimed color range on the market).

They're a transition technology, so I think they'll never be ready.
I'm hoping affordable LED replacements for incandescents will become available
before the incandesents disappear.

-- Andy Barss